We got our first look at Line City a couple weeks ago, which is Saudi Arabia’s bizarre plan to spend a gazillion dollars to build a weird science fiction city along the Red Sea. According to the two-minute video above, the city will be a big ol’ straight line that stretches for 170 kilometers through the desert. The entire city will stand the height of a skyscraper while only being 200 meters wide and entirely covered with mirrors. For… reasons? Presumably, there are reasons. While I think Line City would make a good location for a futuristic zombie movie where people have to fight their way from one end of the city to the other—by all means, make this film—it seems like a terrible place to house 9 million people without first asking them if they want to live in a weird skinny mirrored skyscraper city. Not to mention all the people who will be displaced or worse just to build the dumb thing. But ridiculous plans in real life sometimes make for fun plans in videogames, so I went ahead and built the longest, skinniest city I could in Cities: Skylines just to see if it’d work. To avoid… Read full this story
- Fires and floods make Saudi Aramco IPO a hard sell
- Where are the world’s most water-stressed cities?
- Cisco’s Big Bet on New Songdo: Creating Cities From Scratch
- Medellín, Colombia: reinventing the world's most dangerous city
- Four years to go: Qatar on course for its improbable World Cup
- How America's 'most reckless' billionaire created the fracking boom
- Detroit small businesses going global to push growth
- German export policies threaten European defense projects: French ambassador
- Dubai bets billions that Expo 2020 won’t be a desert mirage
- Dalian Atkinson death – Secret order finally lifted on identity of cop charged with ex-Aston Villa star’s murder
Welp, I built Saudi Arabia's stupid skinny city in Cities: Skylines have 302 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at August 17, 2022. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.