Anyone that has been on the internet in the last year has probably come across the term Web3 . For those not in the know, Web3 is essentially the next generation of the internet. It is a key aspect of the much-touted metaverse alongside other emerging technologies such as blockchain, artificial intelligence (AI), virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), 5G and the internet of things (IoT). Proponents of Web3 argue that the technology will usher in an era of decentralization whose hallmark will be user-owned content and permissionless transactions. Of course, there remains a fair way to go before Web3 becomes fully functional and accessible to the general public. But the effects of the technology are already becoming manifest in a few sectors. Web3 impact already being felt in the gaming industry Related: Become a Web3 Programmer in Your Own Time One of the spaces Web3 is expected to impact profoundly is the gaming industry. Video games and digital play spaces with Web3 characteristics already exist, with the best examples being Axie Infinity and Decentraland . Decentraland is a three-dimensional world where players can explore museums and art houses and buy and develop virtual real estate. Another example of Web3… Read full this story
- 5G is the swift kick VR and AR gaming needs to come to fruition
- Nintendo Switch “vertical” mode found in Neo-Geo games—are more coming?
- Patriots' top tight end facing four-game suspension after coming out of retirement
- Everything we know about cloud gaming
- Xbox Game Pass Announces 7 New Games "Coming Soon"
- The best Wii games
- Gamescom 2013: hands-on with the best games
- How 5G networks will make low-latency game streaming a reality
- Alienware Steam Machine Review: PC Gaming With Console Comforts
- Why Video Game Characters Say Such Ridiculous Things
Reshaping In-Game Experiences: Where Web3 Comes In have 283 words, post on www.chron.com at June 3, 2022. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.