This is a carousel. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate 15 Two top Russian security officials vowed on Tuesday that Moscow will achieve all the goals set for the "military operation" in Ukraine, appearing to address the fact that the invasion, expected by many to be a blitzkrieg, has entered its fourth month this week. The secretary of Russia's Security Council, Nikolai Patrushev, said in an interview published Tuesday that the Russian government "is not chasing deadlines." "Nazism must either be 100% eradicated, or it will raise its head in a few years, and in an even uglier form," he said in a response to a question about the war dragging on. Russia has falsely called the war a campaign to "denazify" Ukraine — a country with a democratically elected Jewish president who wants closer ties with the West. Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said at a meeting of security officials that Russia is deliberately slowing down its offensive by arranging cease-fires and humanitarian corridors "in order to avoid casualties among the civilians." AP's reporting on the ground found that the Russian forces have repeatedly hit civilian targets, such as hospitals, schools and venues where civilians were sheltering. ___… Read full this story
- Ukraine strikes Russian-occupied territory — as it happened
- The moment the Royal Navy shadowed two surfaced Russian subs in the North Sea after 'tracking' them during mission off Norway
- Ukraine LIVE: Russian families pull rug from under Putin as they descend on Kremlin
- Ukraine war: Russia 'takes full control' of Azovstal steelworks in Mariupol
- Ukraine LIVE: Putin 'growing desperate' as Kremlin's Soviet tactics 'losing momentum'
- Putin health fears as spy claims he’s ‘losing sight’ from spreading disease
- Ukraine: Putin humiliated as satellite pics show tanks wiped out in brutal massacre
- Russia pounds Ukraine as Putin holds talks in Tehran
- Ukraine: Putin rocked as unit 'destroyed' by Zelensky's special forces at checkpoint
- Blinken-Lavrov conversation: Ukraine situation & global food security
Live updates | Russian officials: War goals to be achieved have 323 words, post on www.chron.com at May 24, 2022. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.