The CW’s teen vampire era has come to an end. In a shocking move, the network has canceled Legacies after four seasons. The Vampire Diaries, based on the YA books by bestselling author L. J. Smith, premiered in 2009 and ran for eight seasons – becoming The CW’s most popular show until before Riverdale’s takeover in 2017. The series, developed by Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec, centered on Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev), a teenage girl trapped in a love triangle with an 162-year-old vampire named Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley) and his brother Damon (Ian Somerhalder). The show’s first spin-off, The Originals, debuted in 2013 and ran simultaneously alongside The Vampire Diaries – starring several actors from the flagship show. Legacies, a second spin-off starring Danielle Rose Russell’s character in The Originals, was ordered to series in 2018. The show primarily took place at Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted, a school for teenage ghosts, witches, werewolves, etc. ran by human and former vampire hunter Alaric Saltzman (Matthew Davis) – a choice we’re still a little confused about. Ahead of its upcoming sale, The CW canceled seven shows including Legacies and Roswell: New Mexico, both executive produced by Plec. Fans… Read full this story
- Anthony Davis sees Lakers as way to redefine his legacy
- Whicker: John Havlicek’s legacy shows when Lou Williams leaps off the Clippers’ bench
- Welsh trains: 'Lessons learned' after 2018 train cancellations
- Rising global franchise Orange Theory has built Philly branch
- Memphis homicides: What the numbers mean for 2019 mayor race
- Woodstock at 50: Still searching for 1969 festival's meaning
- Nina Dobrev to star in indie comedy Sick Girl
- Nina Dobrev and Paul Wesley used to 'despise' each other
- Where 117 shows stand a week before fall lineups announced
- Is Your Favorite TV Show Coming Back This Fall?
Legacies canceled at The CW means the end of The Vampire Diaries franchise have 287 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at May 13, 2022. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.