Netflix is planning to introduce ads, its chief executive has announced. The streaming giant is examine the option of adding advertising in the "next year or two", boss Reed Hastings said during an earnings call. Those earnings showed that Netflix is rapidly losing subscribers for the first time in its history. Following the results, Netflix announced a range of possible changes, including a much bigger crackdown on people sharing accounts. One of those changes is likely to be the introduction of advertising. Mr Hastings said that advertising would allow for a "lower price", though the company has also hiked the price of its subscription a number of times recently. Netflix has never included ads in its app, instead allowing users to watch videos instantly and without any commercial breaks. But Netflix has said that advertising is now an "exciting opportunity", as the company faces growing concerns over its growth. Recommended Netflix shares fall 23 per cent as streamer says it lost 200,000 subscribers Netflix introduces new feature for people who really love movies Highway code changes will allow drivers to watch TV "Those who have followed Netflix know that I have been against the complexity of advertising, and a big… Read full this story
- Netflix's Upcoming Ad-Supported Tier Won't Allow Downloads for Offline Viewing
- Netflix's upcoming ad-supported tier WON'T allow users to download shows and films for offline viewing, reports suggest
- Is Netflix's foray into gaming failing? Just 1% of subscribers have tried the platform's games, data reveals
- Netflix has confirmed when ads will arrive on the platform
- Disney Plus and Hulu are getting steep price hikes
- Batgirl has always been treated like crap | Digital Trends
Netflix planning to introduce ads, CEO says have 275 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at April 20, 2022. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.