The Roblox Corporation is suing content creator Benjamin Robert Simon for leading a “cybermob” against the platform. The lawsuit was filed in a California court on Tuesday, as reported by Polygon . Roblox is seeking $1.6m in damages. Simon, better known online as Ruben Sim, has already been banned from the platform for several years for using racist and homophobic slurs, sexual harassment, and uploading images of Adolf Hitler, according to the lawsuit. Roblox lawyers claim the creator is “the leader of a ‘cybermob’ that with malice, fraud, and oppression, commits and encourages unlawful acts designed to injure Roblox and its users”. That includes “repeatedly circumventing the technological barriers erected to block Defendant Simon from accessing the Roblox platform after he was permanently banned from the platform and instructing and encouraging others to do the same.” Particularly prominent are accusations of terrorism. Simon is accused of “posting false and misleading terrorist threats to discourage Roblox users from participating in in-person and online events.” An incident occured in San Francisco in October this year, where Simon posted false messages on Twitter that police were searching for a notorious Islamic extremist at the Roblox Developers Conference, sparking police activity and a temporary… Read full this story
- Portraits of Roblox's leading makers: the roleplayers
- What VidCon means for the future of social media platforms
- Controversial YouTube star PewDiePie is taking a break
- WESTLING: Trump Trade Deal Exports Protection For Big Tech Platforms, Such As Facebook And YouTube
- ‘The very beginning of something quite important’: Pokemon Go creator on the future of social mobile gaming
- Pratik, Shreya lead Applause Entertainment’s thriller
- YouTube is growing up, and creators are frustrated by growing pains
- 'Being mean is lucrative': queer users condemn YouTube over homophobic content
- Twitter Bans Feminist Writer Who Said ‘Men Are Not Women,’ So Now Twitter’s Getting Sued
- Controversial YouTuber PewDiePie will take a break from the platform, saying he's feeling 'very tired'
Roblox suing controversial content creator for leading a "cybermob" against platform have 312 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.