Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are off to a great start in Japan, with the second biggest Switch physical game launch ever. Between the two versions, 1.39m copies were sold in the first three days, according to Famitsu . This includes retail versions, the double pack and download card purchases; it doesn’t include digital downloads from the eShop. Animal Crossing: New Horizons still holds the record for the biggest physical launch in Japan, with 1.88m physical copies sold in its first three days. But the Diamond and Pearl remakes have outsold Sword and Shield, which sold 1.36m units in the equivalent time. For further reference, the original DS games sold 1.586m in four days. Considering Sword and Shield are on track to become the second biggest selling Pokémon titles of all time, the success of these remakes is significant, though it remains to be seen if this can be sustained. It’s also worth noting the increased playerbase of the Switch in Japan compared with the release of Sword and Shield back in 2019. It’s clear, though, that there’s a huge appetite for a nostalgia hit of Pokémon, and just before the release of Pokémon Legends: Arceus next year. Serebii.net… Read full this story
- Pokemon Go November Events Include New Shiny And Legendary Pokemon
- Pokemon Go Adds Galarian Weezing And New Sword & Shield Trainer Outfits
- Pokemon Go: Shiny Meowth Available Now In New Team Rocket Event
- Pokemon Go: Shiny Meowth Available Now As Part Of New Team Rocket Event [Last Chance]
- "People come up to me and say that's still their favourite Pokemon card": Mitsuhiro Arita reflects on 20 years of Pokemon's strangest and most iconic designs
- Floyd Mayweather wants to build casino empire in Japan and could launch it with rematch against Manny Pacquiao
- Wacky Physics: Why Do Particles Have Flavors?
- 'Pokémon Sword and Shield' Galar Forms: Everything We Know
- ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Doesn’t Find Salvation Overseas; ‘Joker’ Jumps To $934M WW As It Seriously Eyes $1B – International Box Office
- Death Stranding Sets Another Impressive Sales Record
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl remakes are the second biggest Switch physical launch in Japan have 340 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.