Kirby, Nintendo’s pink ball mascot, may be about to suck up a win at the Grammy Awards. The most prestigious music awards in the US isn’t just about pop music, but includes multiple awards across music for visual media, compositions and beyond. Arrangers Charlie Rosen and Jake Silverman are up for Best Arrangement, Instrumental or A Cappella for their arrangement of Meta Knight’s Revenge from Kirby Superstar. So no, Kirby isn’t going to be competing with Taylor Swift, Kanye West or Billie Eilish for Album of the Year. Meta Knight’s Revenge is performed by The 8-Bit Big Band Featuring Button Masher and is a brilliant, sweeping jazz arrangement of the classic Kirby melody. Listen to the track in the video below. This nomination marks only the second time that video games have been acknowledged at the awards. Back in 2013, Journey composer Austin Wintory was nominated in the Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media category. However, Wintory lost out to Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross for their work on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Could Kirby make history as the first video game Grammy winner? Check out the full list of nominees here .
- Latin Grammy Awards Sets November Date For “Reimagined Telecast” On Univision
- Latin Grammy Awards Will Take Place Virtually in 2020
- Latin Grammy Awards to Air ‘Reimagined Telecast’ in 2020
- Here’s When and Where to Watch the 2020 Latin Grammy Awards
- Lewis Capaldi, Passed Over for a Grammy Nod for Best New Artist, Lands His 2nd Top 10 Hit on the Billboard Hot 100
- Brit Awards 2015: Good news for Sia as she’s nominated for Best International Female amid paedophile video controversy
- Satish Kaushik: Award functions have become like TV shows — they’re more about glamour and less about art
- FULL LIST: Luke Combs And Kelsea Ballerini Among 2020 ACM Awards Performers
- ‘SNL’ hosts Dave Chappelle, Melissa McCarthy win Emmy Awards
- Billie Eilish, Eminem, Cynthia Erivo and Janelle Monáe lead the star-studded musical performances as the 92nd annual Academy Awards delivers a night of surprises
Kirby has been nominated for a Grammy Award have 333 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at November 24, 2021. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.