Fan group PlayStation Online Network Emulated (PSONE) has restored online multiplayer functionality for Motorstorm – and is aiming to bring back PlayStation Home next. Motorstorm launched in Europe alongside the PS3 back in March 2007, but had its online servers switched off a decade ago. The ambitious PlayStation Home, meanwhile, arrived in December 2008 and ran until 2015, when it too was shut down. PSONE’s progress on Motorstorm was noted by VGC earlier this week. The group has now emulated servers for the fan-favourite off-road racer, which anyone with a working PS3 and copy of the game can now connect to (instructions lie in the video below). Motorstorm is the latest in a line of PS3 games the group has reconnected – and PlayStation Home is next. For years, another fan-made group named Destination Home has been attempting to revive Sony’s early attempt at a social space “for preservation and educational purposes”. The app has been bootable for a while, offline on modded PS3s, thanks to code retrieved from builds of the game donated by fans . Early progress was also made on an online version – though work appeared to stall around a year back. Now, a team-up between… Read full this story
- Chiefs prepare for mirthless home finale vs Colts
- Review: ‘The Show’ still swinging for the fences
- Microsoft touts Xbox One as all-in-1 entertainment
- Who's Funding Kevin Johnson's Secret Government?
- Lockout harsh on small businesses
- Drivers have last say before new year
- Ten predictions for fantasy baseball
- Bahrain welcomes back F1 amid security crunch
- Defending champs Italy knocked out
- Slovakia 3, Italy 2
Fans restore Motorstorm online servers, PlayStation Home next have 252 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.