A clutch of Pokémon who debuted in last year’s Sword and Shield arrive in Pokémon Go later this month. The game had teased a surprise for its last big summer event and, indeed, this was not what fans were expecting. Pokémon Go features a few Galar-region creatures already, but only forms and evolutions of existing Pokémon such as Zigzagoon and Ponyta. Now, developer Niantic is rolling out more of the Pokémon’s Gen 8 – including its signature Legendaries. As seen in the above trailer, this is all the work of Hoopa, the mysterious Mythical creature which appeared at the end of this year’s Go Fest and continues to feature on its loading screen. Players had expected to be able to catch Hoopa later this summer… but there’s no word on that yet. Instead, Pokémon Go will jump forward to the release of Galar creatures Wooloo (a gormless sheep), Skwovet (a chubby-cheeked squirrel) and Falinks (a multi-bodied caterpillar) from 20th August. You’ll be able to hunt those in the wild, or hatch/raid for various existing Galar region creatures – some of which are now available in their Shiny versions. A new trailer, above, shows Hoopa opening up more of its portals… Read full this story
- Alolan form monsters from Sun and Moon coming to Pokémon Go this summer
- Where do Springfieldians go for summer vacation? The answers might surprise you
- 'Double Dare's' Marc Summers to bring 'On Your Marc' documentary, physical challenges to Philly
- Pokémon Go: where does augmented reality go next?
- Tucson summer bucket list: 100 things to do in 100 days
- Agents of SHIELD Didn't Do the Thing, and That's Probably for the Best
- Best place to stop when you gotta go? Survey says Buc-ee's
- The 20 top things to do in the Wichita area this summer
- The 24 movies you've got to see this summer
- The 19 most overlooked places for a summer holiday in Europe
Pokémon Go's big summer surprise brings Sword and Shield creatures have 316 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.