Volkswagen will stop selling combustion engine cars in Europe by 2035 as it shifts to electric vehicles, but later in the United States and China , a board member was quoted as saying on Saturday. “In Europe, we will exit the business with internal combustion vehicles between 2033 and 2035, in the United States and China somewhat later,” Klaus Zellmer, Volkswagen board member for sales, told the Muenchner Merkur newspaper. “In South America and Africa, it will take a good deal longer due to the fact that the political and infrastructure framework conditions are still missing.” By 2050 at the latest, the entire Volkswagen fleet should be CO2-neutral, Zellmer told the newspaper. In Europe, he is aiming for electric cars to account for 70% of total sales by 2030. This would prepare the company for a possible tightening of the European Union ‘s climate targets and even go beyond them. EU policymakers have clamped down on exhaust emissions, forcing carmakers to spur development of low-emission technology or face penalties if they exceed limits on CO2 emissions. Only Volkswagen, Volvo doing enough to electrify in Europe – study Volkswagen aims to have 55% group-wide BEV sales in Europe by 2030, while… Read full this story
- China’s electric car sales slump, squeezing auto makers
- Stuttgart Initiates Probe Into Porsche AG Employees' Role in Volkswagen Scandal
- Volkswagen Dismisses Top Executive Schmidt Over Dieselgate Scandal
- 30 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From Isabel Marant to Marmot
- Ukraine: Paris talks with Russia aim to end eastern conflict
- Volkswagen Planning Ducati-Powered Version of XL1 Hybrid
- Dieselgate: Volkswagen Emissions Scandal is Just 'Tip of Iceberg'
- Ford Fiesta, Focus Mild-Hybrids Announced For 2020 In Europe
- Volkswagen emissions scandal: $51 billion mystery about to unfold
- Volkswagen aims for value with its updated 2020 Passat sedan
Volkswagen to end sales of combustion engines in Europe by 2035 have 280 words, post on auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com at June 26, 2021. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.