You’ll know the dictum, I’m sure, that says something about good artists borrowing while great ones steal, but isn’t the truth simply that everyone’s at it? How else to learn your craft without imitating one of the masters, learning what makes them tick and seeing if you can replicate some of that magic yourself? That’s the edict behind a lot of Toyful Games’ design decisions, and you can see it manifest beautifully in the studio’s debut game Very Very Valet. A cartoonish action game that tilts towards chaotic multiplayer, it’s dimly reminiscent of Overcooked at first glance, but such are the details it quickly blossoms into its own. There are bits of Crazy Taxi in your mad dash from car park to customer – and Crazy Taxi is an all-time fave of the Toyful team – a touch of Halo’s warthog in the esoteric, elastic and ultimately immensely enjoyable handling of the vehicles. Perhaps the biggest surprise is that Very Very Valet is fundamentally the work of just two devs, both of whom met at Disney while working together on mobile gem Where’s My Water – Tim Fitzpatrick (the talent behind early iOS delight Jellycar) and Chad Cable. What’s not… Read full this story
- Glee: These five artists refused to let the show cover their songs - here’s why
- Topless Extinction Rebellion protesters cover themselves in fake oil to demonstrate against National Portrait Gallery's BP sponsorship deal
- Song covers: an unintentional illegal practice
- Inventive pasta enthusiast shows off her artistic touch with footage of her creating flower patterned pasta
- PICTURED: Artist, 69, who burned to death inside a shopping centre - as he was on the phone to Triple 0 begging them to save him
- Miley Cyrus gets THIRD tattoo in a week as she covers up avocado ink on her tricep amid Cody Simpson relationship
- Meghan Markle's make-up artist Daniel Martin reveals exactly how to achieve a youthful glow on mature skin using just five products
- Meghan Markle's makeup artist best friend Daniel Martin weighs in on her emotional TV interview, admitting it has been 'tough' watching her struggle - as he insists she 'just wants to make sure her boys are safe'
- Report: Antonio Brown Sent Threatening Texts To Artist Accusing Him Of Sexual Harassment
- An asteroid-smashing star ground a giant rock to bits and covered itself in the remains
The cover artists have 389 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.