FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Police are warning parents to monitor their kids' social media accounts after they say a 13-year-old South Texas girl was kidnapped by an 18-year-old man she met online. She was ultimately found safe more than 500 miles away in Mansfield. READ MORE: Plano Woman Shares Dangerously Close Encounter With Mower Blade On LBJ Freeway Police arrested the suspect at the center of the Amber Alert early Sunday morning. Clayton Phillips is now in the Tarrant County Jail, charged with kidnapping. Police say the two met online. Antonette Rodriguez (left) and suspect Clayton Phillips (right) Once the girl's parents reported her missing Saturday afternoon, detectives combed through her computer and social media accounts. They tracked her and Phillips to San Antonio. READ MORE: Shortages And Higher Prices Make Car Shopping More Frustrating Than Ever "Especially since we found out she left with an older gentleman, who is 18 years old, that causes concern on what's going to happen to her," said Martin Sandoval with the Brownsville Police Department. "So that's why we immediately activated the Amber Alert." Phillips' Kia Optima was ultimately found in Mansfield. Officers say the girl was unharmed, and they were able to reunite… Read full this story
- Quaden Bayles: Mum’s fury as trolls make fake social media accounts for bullied boy, 9, falsely claiming he’s 18
- What does it take to make a social media network that doesn’t exploit users?
- There isn't an AMBER Alert for every child who goes missing. Here's why
- ‘Little weapons’: Doting Brisbane mother dies as three kids, husband perish in car fire
- ‘Perpetrator of violence’: Man who pledged to love wife killed her and three kids after they fled
- Kolkata police reach in 20 mins, foil youth’s suicide bid live on Facebook
- It's time to talk about TikTok and what it's doing with our kids' data
- EXCLUSIVE: Killer dad kidnapped one of his kids and fled interstate two months before dousing his family in petrol and burning them to death - as it emerges he stalked his wife and hid in her parents' garden before the attack
- South Korea on ‘high’ alert, Italy and Iran take drastic steps against Covid-19
- Heartbreaking moment van carrying six-year-old Faye Swetlik’s body is escorted by police motorcade after her autopsy 'to bring her home in dignity'
Latest Amber Alert Has Police Urging Parents To Monitor Their Kids’ Social Media Accounts have 392 words, post on dfw.cbslocal.com at June 28, 2021. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.