Hood: Outlaws & Legends is an upcoming Robin Hood-inspired PvPvE game where two teams of four players face off on the same heist. You don’t often see too many player-versus-player-versus-environment games, where players face off against each other and computer-controlled characters. I caught up with Hood game director Andrew Willans to ask why the team is opting for a PvPvE experience as opposed to a more traditional PvP or PvE one. As it turns out, developer Sumo Digital initially brainstormed PvP and PvE concepts for Hood. In the end, both had their shortcomings and the studio found a good balance combining the gameplay loops of the two. “The initial concept was far more PvE-focused, and while it would have been fun to take that journey, it’s also quite costly,” Willans said. “When you look at doing PvE, even if you do co-op PvE, there’s a certain element of linearity to the narrative and storytelling that’s required.” Willans said that the team behind Hood is quite small, and thus not able to deliver on the same level of linear PvE storytelling that, as examples he provided, Naughty Dog or Santa Monica Studio managed to achieve with games like The Last of… Read full this story
- Kris Kristofferson will headline next Outlaws & Legends festival in Abilene
- Outlaw or legend? Former Abilene Cooper football coach Moebes a little of both as a singer
- What the Abilene Reporter-News liked and disliked: Outlaw pick
- Sprint-car racer Greg Hodnett was a humble legend: 'His life was about more than racing'
- Robin Hood is coming to Lincoln for outdoor theatre tour
- Still winning: 63-year-old Sammy Swindell rejoins the World of Outlaws for a spring fling
- Jacob Allen poised to end lengthy World of Outlaws winless streak
- Mauritius: It's Time Mauritius Took Decisive Steps to Outlaw Child Marriages
- Audiophile appeal: The Outlaw Audio RR 2160 stereo receiver
- Coventry City legend's funeral details confirmed
Why Hood: Outlaws & Legends Is PvPvE have 309 words, post on www.gamespot.com at April 15, 2021. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.