Northern Ireland protocol: Allister discusses ‘saving the Union’ Sign up to receive our rundown of the day’s top stories direct to your inbox SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info The anger from Unionists comes as checks on goods arriving in Northern Ireland from Britain are not just frustrating businesses and consumers but threaten the Union with the UK. Speaking to Channel 4 news, Jim Allister MLA, who leads Traditional Unionist Voice, a small unionist political party in Northern Ireland said: "Either we kill the protocol or it kills the union." Related articles Curfew for men: Will UK implement 6pm curfew for men? Boris Johnson attacked for betraying his ‘civil libertarian’ beliefs He said how his party and the Democratic Unionist Party had become united on "the same plan and page of saving the union" following a U-turn by the DUP on their position on the protocol. The DUP U-turned in their support for the Northern Ireland protocol after supporting Brexit. The rising frustration… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson's Brexit ultimatum: Transition period WILL end in December 2020 as PM vows to set in it law to scupper EU delaying tactics – after posing with his 109 first-time MPs who won seat in Tory landslide
- From easier travel to a better deal for our farmers ... and youngsters doing the 'London thing': Why Australia wins as well from Boris Johnson's Brexit victory that'll see Britain leave the EU
- Boris Johnson leads Brexit charge — but is 'taking back control' an illusion?
- Boris: Time for Brexit ‘Closure’ – ‘Let the Healing Begin’
- General election: Boris Johnson says Brexit and NHS priorities after historic win
- Boris Johnson's Brexit bill will be ready to sail through the House of Commons on Friday
- Labour officially backs Remaining in the EU in huge Brexit betrayal to millions of voters
- Boris Johnson has cleared an election hurdle. Now he faces a US-China balancing act
- Winning big, Johnson on course to deliver swift Brexit
- Boris Johnson won the election but he may struggle to keep the UK together
'Kill protocol or kill Union' Boris under pressure to break Brexit deal to save UK have 370 words, post on www.express.co.uk at March 17, 2021. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.