Parler CEO John Matze posted a message to the company’s website over the weekend, promising the Twitter alternative would return after it went dark when Amazon cut off hosting services.”We will resolve any challenge before us and plan to welcome all of you back soon,” Matze said in a note bearing the title Technical Difficulties. “We will not let civil discourse perish!”The conservative microblogging site was booted offline a week ago after Amazon Web Services cut its services, a move that followed decisions by Apple and Google to stop distributing the social network’s mobile apps. The conservative microblogging site has sued to have its service restored.The moves by tech giants to distance themselves from Parler comes amid growing concerns the service could be used to promote more violence in the wake of the attack on the US Capitol by supporters of President Donald Trump, who whipped them up at a rally. Both Twitter and Facebook blocked Trump’s account because they are concerned the president’s remarks could spark more violence. Talk of guns and violence was widespread in Parler discussions ahead of the event, which was organized to support the president’s baseless claims the November election had been stolen from him.One Parler user on a thread pushing… Read full this story
- Jamal Lewis Making Most of Post-NFL Life—but Preparing for Darker Days to Come
- UFC 228: Valentina Shevchenko blasts Nicco Montano amid title fight cancellation
- Millwall v Leeds United – Hostile environment no concern for focused captain Liam Cooper
- Will North America host 2026 World Cup?
- LeBron's return to 'NBA 2K' cover could be bad news for Cleveland
- Leeds United: Serious title contenders is the Yorkshire Evening Post jurors’ verdict after the Whites’ win at Wigan
- WWE Raw results, recap, grades: Bayley snaps, Seth Rollins vs. Dolph Ziggler fun soured
- The U.S. is missing, so here's one reason to watch every World Cup team
- Behind the scenes with Dale Earnhardt Jr. the businessman: Belt buckles, brands and big plans
- Things To Learn: Notre Dame’s defense should match Northwestern’s tendencies
Parler vows to return after Amazon pulls hosting amid concerns over violent posts have 340 words, post on www.cnet.com at January 17, 2021. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.