Parler CEO John Matze posted a message to the company’s website over the weekend, promising the Twitter alternative would return after it went dark when Amazon cut off hosting services.”We will resolve any challenge before us and plan to welcome all of you back soon,” Matze said in a note bearing the title Technical Difficulties. “We will not let civil discourse perish!”The conservative microblogging site was booted offline a week ago after Amazon Web Services cut its services, a move that followed decisions by Apple and Google to stop distributing the social network’s mobile apps. The conservative microblogging site has sued to have its service restored.The moves by tech giants to distance themselves from Parler comes amid growing concerns the service could be used to promote more violence in the wake of the attack on the US Capitol by supporters of President Donald Trump, who whipped them up at a rally. Both Twitter and Facebook blocked Trump’s account because they are concerned the president’s remarks could spark more violence. Talk of guns and violence was widespread in Parler discussions ahead of the event, which was organized to support the president’s baseless claims the November election had been stolen from him.One Parler user on a thread pushing… Read full this story
- What's on Amazon Prime in October 2018?
- Jeremy Corbyn vows to root out anti-Semitic ‘poison’
- NHS whistleblowers given direct line to health secretary amid bulling concerns
- Violent thug who battered partner and threatened to torch her family jailed
- Violent thug who battered ex-partner and threatened to torch her family jailed
- Pope Francis urges Amazon bishops to shake up status quo
- House of Fraser cancels ALL online orders amid delivery chaos – here’s how to get a refund
- Jailed drill rapper who appeared on Tim Westwood’s YouTube channel posts chilling music threats from behind bars
- Trump administration pulls troops from northern Syria as Turkey readies offensive
- Indonesia tsunami: Desperate rescue efforts and looting in Palu amid fears thousands are dead
Parler vows to return after Amazon pulls hosting amid concerns over violent posts have 331 words, post on www.cnet.com at January 17, 2021. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.