Breeding shrimp and mud crab in the same rice fields offers high incomes for Khmer farmers in Kiên Giang Province’s Vĩnh Thuận District. – VNA/VNS Photo Lê Sen KIÊN GIANG – The lives of ethnic Khmer people living in Kiên Giang have improved significantly after the province efficiently implemented local and central government support policies for them in recent years. The Cửu Long (Mekong) Delta province has 56,800 Khmer households with 242,602 members, or 13.4 per cent of its population and the third largest number in the delta after Sóc Trăng and Trà Vinh provinces. As part of the support policies it has provided them with easy loans, free health insurance, clean water, and power, and built other infrastructure facilities, according to its Ethnic Minority Affairs Committee. Credit programmes from local and central governments have provided VNĐ211 billion (US$9.1 million) to 18,128 Khmer families for doing agriculture or business since 2014. The province has also allotted housing lands to 635 poor households and provided free health insurance for 424,993 people. The number of Khmer households with access to clean water has increased from 77.9 per cent in 2014 to 88.3 per cent now, while almost all have access to… Read full this story
- VinaCapital Foundation aids health sector in Kien Giang
- Building a brand for Yen The pomelo in Bac Giang province
- Launching a fruitful and bright decade
- Eurozone crisis live: Protests and food handout shows Greek pain continues
- Malala's father: 'Pakistan's security policies need a paradigm shift'
- Farmers earn high incomes from VietGAP pineapples
- Getting lost in Lo Lo Chai Village
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 1
- Community project helps farmers increase income by 25 per cent annually
- Farming in the Era of Industry 4.0
Kiên Giang Province improves lives of Khmer with fruitful support policies have 272 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 26, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.