Sony is reportedly cutting the production of PS5 consoles by four million units, but a potential drop in production is unlikely to be felt by consumers until 2021. According to Bloomberg, Sony was originally planning to produce 15 million PS5 consoles by the end of March 2021, up from original plans to make 5-6 million units. However, production issues with a custom-designed system-on-chip have forced Sony to cut that figure back down to 11 million in the same timeframe. While that’s a significant dip, the extent to which it will be felt by consumers might not be so severe.In its first six months, the PS4 sold 7.5 million units. In order to sell that many consoles, industry analyst Daniel Ahmad suggests that Sony would have produced around 10 million units. If Bloomberg’s 15-million unit report is accurate, even with the cut to supply, Sony will still have produced more PS5s in the new console’s first year than the number of PS4s it made in 2013-14.I keep seeing this but it’s comparing Apple’s to Oranges. These articles are always talking about production shipments. Not Retail shipments or sell through. PS4 retail shipments were 7.5m end of March, but production would have… Read full this story
- Greenspan: Increasing Hours, Decreasing Productivity Rate Bad Long-Term for U.S.
- Venezuelan chefs get creative to keep fares affordable amid food shortages
- Mercury found in lotions and cosmetics, says FDA; products are often sold in ethnic neighborhoods and online
- Lance Armstrong movie being developed by Paramount, J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot: report
- FDA warns 'critical' drug shortages possible after Hurricane Maria battered Puerto Rico
- Hurricane Maria halts crucial drug manufacturing in Puerto Rico, may spur shortages
- Will there really be a chocolate shortage?
- Sip sparingly, researchers say global wine shortage looms
- New York drivers face epic lines in severe post-Sandy gas shortage
- Forbidden fruits: U.S. shortage of 'spitter' apples threatens boom in hard cider
Potential PS5 production shortage might not be that bad have 327 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at September 15, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.