Last month, EA announced it would be consolidating its EA Access and Origin Access subscription services and rebranding them as EA Play, and the publisher now says its Origin desktop launcher is getting a new name and overhaul as part of its rebranding push too.EA’s PC desktop client has used the Origin name since the service launched in 2011, but the long-running brand will soon be phased out entirely when the publisher’s overhauled PC client, known simply as the EA Desktop app, arrives.Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, EA’s senior vice president of strategic growth Mike Blank explained the new desktop app won’t just have a new name; it’ll offer a streamlined, more easily navigable user experience, new features including background updates, a “better patching experience”, plus improvements to login, registration, and game libraries. The goal, says Blank, is to create a “frictionless, fast, socially-oriented experience for our players, where it becomes the best place for them to connect with the people they want to play with in the games they want to play”.Blank says the move signals “an ethos that is critically important to us and that we know that’s important to our players”, and is part of an ongoing push to… Read full this story
- Miley Cyrus stuns in a barely-there black bikini as she dances seductively to sister Noah's new track
- Electronic Arts is renaming Origin to 'EA Desktop App'
- Dropbox says that ditching its swanky offices will result in better products
- Has The Crown lost all credibility? As new series claims Thatcher's Falklands War decision was 'emotional', Charles and Diana were NEVER happy and even appears sympathetic to the IRA, we sort fact from fiction
- The best Black Friday travel deals for New Zealanders
- Collaboration and complexity: new hospital building to open next year
- Windows turns 35: a visual history
- My Wild Night Inside L.A.’s Most VIP Sex Club
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 16 (updated hourly)
- Australian Electoral Commission makes progress with 2018 modernisation project
EA ditching Origin name with new EA Desktop app as part of ongoing rebranding efforts have 325 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at September 15, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.