Hollywood superstar Johnny Depp has spoken out against the custodial death of George Floyd in the US, terming his killing as “grotesque” and “senseless”.Floyd, a 46-year-old African-American man, died on May 25 in Minneapolis, Minnesota after a white police officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes in an encounter caught on video. The officer, Derek Chauvin has been charged with murder and manslaughter. Three other officers who were present with him were also charged.The 56-year-old actor took to social media to share a speech by his friend, rapper-activist Killer Mike about racism. View this post on Instagram As the majority of American people, our global community and our extended family of humans helplessly watched a man die on television… I too, was exposed to the atrocity of blatant barbarism, ruthless cruelty and unmitigated lack of humanity. A handcuffed man, pleading for his life lay prone with the full weight of a man sworn to defend the peace on his neck. The victim of this heinous act of cowardice, George Floyd, told the officers that he could not breathe. As he called for his dead mother, how could our collective hearts not break as his… Read full this story
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Joker star 'joins Margot Robbie' to replace Johnny Depp
- America Inc slams George Floyd murder; Sundar Pichai's solidarity gesture, Cook asks employees to be agents of 'change'
- George Floyd's brother bonds with Emmett Till's cousin over brutal, public deaths decades apart
- George Floyd's brother admonishes lawmakers, says "make sure his death isn't in vain"
- ‘Procedural Errors’ Mean No Posthumous Pardon For George Floyd Regarding 2004 Drug Arrest In Houston
- 'Little Fires Everywhere' star Lexi Underwood slams LAPD at George Floyd protest
- A Painting of George Floyd Roils Catholic University
- Australia's deputy PM hits back at Johnny Depp saying he's 'pulling strings' in Depp's head
- George Jung dead: Real-life inspiration behind Johnny Depp film 'Blow' dies aged 78
- Minneapolis To Pay $27 Million To Settle Suit With George Floyd's Family
Johnny Depp on George Floyd’s killing: ‘No way to make sense of what is senseless’ have 324 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at June 7, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.