Home • PC Game News • Half-Life: Alyx • Natalie Clayton Contributor 30th May 2020 / 11:49AM Since the moment Half-Life: Alyx launched in VR, folks have been trying to detach it from its headset requirements. To be fair, I get it – that the first Half-Life game in a decade would be restricted to expensive tech felt a little demoralising. But this weekend, one modder brought that dream closer to reality by quietly releasing Pancake Base, a mod that aims to make Alyx play just like its older siblings by giving our leading lady the sturdy, first-person arms of Half-Life 2‘s Gordon Freeman. Goutrial (the indie developer and YouTuber who purportedly put the whole thing together) posted a brief clip of Half-Life: Alyx that looked a little closer to its older predecessors – an alternate world where Half-Life’s long-awaited return didn’t require shelling out for expensive plastic headsets. To experience this #content, you will need to enable targeting cookies. Yes, we know. Sorry.Manage cookie settings Unlike an earlier attempt at VR-free Alyx, this mod doesn’t try to simulate floating virtual hands on a keyboard and mouse. Instead, the developer has traded them out for Gordon Freeman’s sturdier, time-tested first-person… Read full this story
- 22 years later, Half-Life’s influence is still being felt
- How To Clean Your Phone, Controller, Monitor, VR Headset, And Other Tech
- ‘The Messy Truth’: Van Jones, Brie Larson And Elijah Allan-Blitz Talk The Immersive Empathy Of Eye-Opening VR Series
- How to watch Lovecraft Country: Sanctum without a VR headset
- Can removing half of Destiny 2 really be good for the game?
- PlayStation Plus September 2020: all the free PS Plus games you can get this month
- Royal Ascot considers axing Rule Britannia and Land of Hope And Glory from traditional singalong amid fears of a backlash over 'racism'
- A day in the life of a mental health helpline
- Do online courses spell the end for the traditional university?
- The sound of the suburbs and literary tradition
Play Half-Life: Alyx as a more traditional shooter in this VR-free mod have 320 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.