Stephen Fry reprised his iconic role as Lord Melchett to take a Zoom call with Prince William in a hilarious Blackadder sketch for The Big Night In coronavirus fundraiser. Melchett paced around his office impatiently waiting for the Duke to call in, quipping: ‘I thought Germans were meant to be punctual’. Apologising, William said Zoom was ‘complicated stuff’, later revealing homeschooling Prince George, Prince Louis and Princess Charlotte is proving a ‘bit of a nightmare’ in lockdown. The Duke said he is struggling to cope with not being able to watch EastEnders, but refused the Blackadder star’s recommendation of trying Netflix sensation Tiger King instead, adding: ‘I tend to avoid shows about royalty.’ As their virtual exchange drew to a close, Melchett reminded William to go out and clap for the NHS at 8pm, before William joked about not wearing any trousers. The show then cut to the Cambridges clapping on their doorstep in Norfolk as part of the weekly show of gratitude for health and social care workers. The evening featured the return of comedies Little Britain, Miranda and The Vicar Of Dibley, with specially-recorded skits as the casts of the erstwhile TV shows reunited from home. Lenny Henry led… Read full this story
- Royal wedding latest news: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry head home to start married life
- Royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 2018: date, details and latest news
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding 2018: date, details and latest news
- Spike Milligan at 100: Best jokes and one-liners from the 'Godfather of Alternative Comedy'
- Robbie Williams wants to dress in drag on The X Factor as alter-ego ‘Rayne Wooney’
- Isle of Dogs star Bryan Cranston interview: 'I should've had an affair with Stormy Daniels in Breaking Bad'
- Isle of Dogs star Bryan Cranston wades in on cultural appropriation controversy
- Fear the Walking Dead star Maggie Grace teases season 4: 'It plays with time in different ways'
- Arrested Development star Jessica Walter cries mid-interview recalling Jeffrey Tambor 'verbal harassment'
- Why all hotel room facilities should be road-tested by exhausted, myopic middle-aged women
'Let me just find my socks and my shoes... and my trousers': Prince William jokes with Stephen Fry's Lord Melchett in hilarious Blackadder sketch as stars perform from their homes during £27million Big Night In fundraiser have 337 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 23, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.