Daniel Lubetzky is the founder and executive chairman of Kind and the Kind Foundation, which recently launched the Frontline Impact Project to support those risking their lives to keep us safe. The opinions expressed in this commentary are those of the author; view more opinion articles on CNN. (CNN)Five years ago, two friends texted me cryptically asking if I knew a Larry Lubetzky from Mexico. Yes, I replied. He was my uncle. They were seated in the audience as Susumu Ito, then 96 years old, projected a postcard from my uncle on a screen. Ito had been invited by the US-Japan Council and the American Jewish Committee Asia Pacific Institute to share his experience during the liberation of Dachau as part of the 522nd Field Artillery Battalion and the 442nd Regimental Combat Team. Daniel Lubetzky The 75th Anniversary on Wednesday of the liberation of the Dachau concentration camp in Germany comes at a time when the Covid-19 pandemic is ravaging lives and livelihoods across our world while division, hatred and authoritarianism are thriving. I often share how my father, Roman Lubetzky, Larry Lubetzky, and my grandfather, Sioma Lubetzky, survived the Holocaust thanks to the courage and kindness of others –… Read full this story
- Donald Trump isn’t the first: US has separated families throughout its history
- Trump’s Family Separation Scandal Has Revealed Every Species of Hypocrite
- The Queen thanks heroes who 'fought so valiantly' to bring WWII to an end on VJ Day 75th anniversary of as Boris Johnson, Charles and Camilla attend remembrance service at the National Memorial Arboretum
- The chef whose dedication is a recipe for kindness: Louisa Batista has not had a sick day in 50 years (and always cooks for patients at Christmas). So do you know a Health Hero like her?
- WWII hero awarded Australia's highest military honor, 78 years after going down guns blazing with his ship
- 'My dearest friend': Mick Fleetwood declares Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green 'blazed one hell of a musical road for so many to enjoy' as he dies aged 73
- American Girl honors pandemic heroes by turning them into one-of-a-kind dolls
- Analysis: Trump uses convention to cast himself as lifesaving hero
- Donald Trump Jr. at RNC: Joe Biden’s ‘Entire Economic Agenda’ ‘Designed to Crush’ American Workers
- Here's How the Proposed Second Stimulus Check to Americans Would Differ From the Original Stimulus Check
Kind Snacks founder: The Japanese American hero who saved my family have 385 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 29, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.