Email By Amanda Shalala Posted April 16, 2020 05:29:53 Photo: The future of the 2020 NRLW season is still up in the air. (AAP: Dean Lewins) Related Story: Sports will reap the benefits of committing to women’s leagues during the coronavirus pandemic Related Story: Players worried AFLW could be sacrificed because of financial cost of coronavirus Related Story: Netballer Nat Medhurst dealing with pregnancy, pay cuts and presidency during a pandemic Map: Australia Australia’s four football codes have made a big show of investing in women’s sport in recent years, but as they scramble for survival during the coronavirus-forced shutdown of sport, does that commitment to the cause remain?The fallout has been brutal so far, punctuated by in-fighting, public slanging matches, players and staff being stood down by clubs and millions of dollars in lost revenue.But Australian sporting organisations are adamant that women will not be left behind in the brave new post-coronavirus world.NRLW players desperate for action in 2020The NRLW is the only women’s competition among Australia’s football codes that has not seen any action so far this year.The NRL has boldly promised a restart date of May 28 for the men’s competition, although there is less certainty around… Read full this story
- Report: Male sports fans have big interest in women’s sports
- Women’s volleyball narrowly edges out a victory over Colorado
- Breanna Stewart is MVP as she helps US women win World Cup championship
- Team Bradley makes Na Wahine O Ke Kai history
- Women's Volleyball Takes Down Penn, Princeton in Weekend Sweep
- Loper home streak halted by Washburn
- Trump threatens new trade deal with Mexico
- Biles, Americans roll at world championships
- Jacinda Ardern’s Progressive Politics Made Her a Global Sensation. But Do They Work at Home?
- Aussies thumped by Pakistan in opening T20
Coronavirus pandemic threatens to halt momentum of women's team sport in Australia have 295 words, post on www.abc.net.au at April 16, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.