Things moved quickly before the NCAA canceled its signature event due to the threat of coronavirus by Matt Norlander @MattNorlander Mar 16, 2020 at 11:13 am ET • 17 min read Only eight days ago — on Sunday, March 8 — NCAA senior vice president of basketball Dan Gavitt said on CBS that the NCAA was definitively intending to have a Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament in 14 cities with fans in attendance for every site, every game.Four days (approximately 100 hours) later, the NCAA Tournament along with every NCAA winter and spring championship was canceled. ”I said that very definitively and with great confidence — and believed that all the way through Monday, probably Tuesday — but man, the rapidity with which all of this evolved over the course of the week was mind-boggling on the inside,” Gavitt told CBS Sports. The spread of coronavirus — and the necessary precautions put into place to curb its scatter — have forced a full-blown halt of sports across the country and in many places around the globe. For college basketball, the termination of both big hoops tournaments was a no-other-choice last resort that symbolized the seriousness of this unprecedented time in world history. As we… Read full this story
- Elton John: 'They wanted to tone down the sex and drugs. But I haven’t led a PG-13 life'
- College Logo Area Rugs
- Team Member Coached Teams
- Team Play Allows Washington to Win First Outright Pac 10 Title in 56 Years
- Satellite TV Gives Your Restaurant the Leading Edge
- Danny Trejo - The Knife Guy
- Pro-independence protesters are accused of throwing ACID at police as riots in Barcelona following the jailing of Catalan leaders enter their fourth day
- From SNL to Game of Thrones, the most influential TV shows of the decade, ranked
- Disney Plus: Launch dates, prices, preorders, shows and movies to expect
- Jones and Cheika: old rivalry faces new test at Rugby World Cup
The end of March Madness: Behind the scenes in the hours that led to the cancellation of the NCAA Tournament have 301 words, post on www.cbssports.com at March 16, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.