Home • Some Distant Memory • 1 Blast from the past Katharine Castle Hardware Editor 25th March 2020 / 7:30AM When I first played Some Distant Memory about a month ago, I would have said it was like a futuristic point and click version of Gone Home. In it, you play a mech’d-up archaeologist called Zal, who stumbles on an old house from before The Collapse, an apocalyptic event that sent the world into disarray and left only tiny pockets of humanity intact. During the course of its two-hour runtime, you poke around the house, discover old objects left behind by the family that lived there, and use them to reconstruct memories and events from them with the help of your AI robot pal Arora. It’s a sweet story, but it didn’t leave a particularly deep impression on me. Fast forward to today, when the entire country has practically gone into lockdown, and it’s taken on quite a different meaning. If someone discovered my home 300 years from now, what conclusions would they draw from it? Would they marvel at the mountains of old graphics cards stuck in my office, or would they do a big yikes at the equally… Read full this story
- 'High taxes and shambles of the loony Left are a distant memory for London voters'
- Fulham winger Yohan Mollo used to be half asleep playing for Zenit Saint Petersburg … now he’s in dreamland at Craven Cottage
- Living the Dream: Shopping trip sparks childhood memories
- Jack Hendry: Being let go by Celtic just made me more determined to play for the Parkhead club one day
- Jack Hendry: Being let go by Celtic as a kid just fuelled my desire to play for my Parkhead heroes one day
- Retro: Jack's 1930s memories of Sheffield
- Phil Hay’s big-match verdict: Feeble United play into Newport’s hands
- Big Match Verdict: Feeble Leeds United play into Newport County’s hands
- Moy versus An Gaelteacht battle rekindles memories of Tyrone and Kerry classics
- A little play goes a long way in school
Have You Played... Some Distant Memory? have 343 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at March 25, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.