Half-Life has always been a bit of a horror game. While over-the-top sci-fi action dominated the first game, Half-Life 2 took a more somber turn in its exploration of a tyrannized Earth, post-alien invasion. It introduced creepier, more threatening enemies, bigger, scarier mysteries, and even tried to give players nightmares with its iconic Ravenholm chapter. Now a new Half-Life game is here in the form of Half-Life: Alyx, and as our review mentions, Alyx certainly has fun “tapping into a horror element that Half-Life had only previously toyed with.” As you’d expect, VR only accentuates those horror elements more. But according to Valve level designer Dario Casali and programmer Kerry Davis, Half-Life: Alyx could have been even scarier.”It started scarier, for sure,” Casali told GameSpot. “I was very respectful in not trying to push it too far, because I didn’t want to lose a certain segment of people who might not have been able to continue.”Casali recounted a story of one anonymous team member who can’t stand to be in the same room as a headcrab: “He’d just pull off the headset and say, ‘I’m not going anywhere in there!'”Headcrabs–Half-Life’s most iconic enemies–are a common threat in Half-Life: Alyx (and… Read full this story
- Isabelita: Genesis of Life and Origin of the Cosmos
- Simplify Your Life - The Easy Way to Relieve Stress.
- Bluetooth your bladder: the hi-tech way to beat incontinence
- It’s okay for parents to get it right only half of the time
- 'Where's mummy?' Devastated father opens up about the moment he had to tell their daughter, 3, she had taken her own life - and the heartbreaking way he let her say goodbye
- Five ways to fight the winter blues
- Simple ways you can help to avoid feeling heartburn after eating
- Five ways to get a better bedtime routine
- Seven ways to manage a panic attack
- BRIAN VINER: Timothy Spall and Vanessa Redgrave bring Matchstick Man L.S. Lowry and his mother to life
Half-Life: Alyx Was Originally Way Scarier have 344 words, post on www.gamespot.com at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.