President Donald Trump will hold a press conference on Friday afternoon amid confusion and chaos about the coronavirus after reports Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, who dined with him on Saturday at Mar-a-Lago, tested positive for the disease but then said a second test showed a negative result. Trump, who shook hands with his Brazilian counterpart at that meal, will declare a national emergency, Bloomberg News reported, which would open the door to more federal funds for states and cities. Additionally, Trump and his fellow G7 leaders spoke, according to French President Emmanuel Macron, and will hold a videoconference on Monday about combatting the disease. ‘Following my call with @realDonaldTrump and all G7 leaders, we agreed to organize an extraordinary Leaders Summit by videoconference on Monday on Covid-19. We will coordinate research efforts on a vaccine and treatments, and work on an economic and financial response,’ Macron wrote on Twitter. The president will answer questions at the 3 p.m. presser as the House prepares to vote on a coronavirus package, the stock market tries to recover from its worst day since the 1987 economic recession, and schools across the country have closed out of fears of spreading the virus. He will likely be peppered… Read full this story
- 'I'm, like, really smart': Donald Trump defends mental state as explosive new book depicts him as a "child"
- Donald Trump's national security strategy: 'Don't read too much into it'
- Donald Trump's State of the Union address fact-checked: The reality behind the president's statements
- Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un to meet for nuclear talks
- North Korea: Donald Trump's 'unpredictable' approach towards rogue state 'a gamble'
- Donald Trump: US deal with North Korea will be 'very good for the world'
- Donald Trump kicks off 2018 with angry tweets about Iran and Pakistan
- 'All he needs are cholesterol pills and to lose 15 pounds' Donald Trump gets clean bill of health
- Tony Blair says claims he warned Donald Trump of UK spying a complete fabrication
- 'Shame on you,' Palestinian leader says as he hits out at Donald Trump
Donald Trump to declare a national state of emergency - as Brazilian leader he shook hands with claims test shows he does NOT have coronavirus after his own son said he did have 333 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 13, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.