If asked to name the first thing to pop into your head when someone says “circus,” I expect a lot of people would instantly shout out “The Greatest Showman,” and for good reason. Leave your desire for historical accuracy on the bog-like field surrounding the cone-topped tent of wonder, and it’s almost impossible not to be taken in; enraptured by the musical’s lavish production, emotionally manipulative story, and catchy song and dance numbers. Even as a man who has shaped an entire career around being po-faced, certain scenes tug the heartstrings so well they could be used as a real-life Voight-Kampff test. But no. My mind doesn’t immediately leap, like a buoyant fawn, to The Greatest Showman. All I can think about is danger.I see danger everywhere. I’m the parent in the playground who grabs a child mid-swing to avoid another being catapulted into the climbing frame; I’m the person left alone at a pedestrian crossing as I stubbornly wait for the green man; I genuinely believe lettuce is a dangerous thing to eat. Growing up in and around circuses did not play nicely with this mostly useless and less-than-brilliantly calibrated superpower. I can’t really explain how little I enjoyed… Read full this story
- Denver Olympics pitch: Nobody wants 2030 Winter Games, so it may be Colorado’s time
- Donald Trump And Robert Mueller: The End Game
- Whicker: It’s a different circus, but Jared Goff’s Rams and Kurt Warner’s Rams resemble the same animal
- Davis Ault will make his boxing debut for the Nevada club team.
- Matt Barkley or Josh Allen? Buffalo Bills have a QB decision to make
- Kevin Durant vs. Draymond Green: Latest Updates on Golden State Warriors Stars' Clash After In-Game Argument
- Place Making
- Make a night of it with the Maine Mariners
- Amid the media circus surrounding Trump, N.Korea is a sideshow
- Voice of the fan: Josh Allen makes the game fun to watch
Someone should make a game about: Circuses have 332 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.