Video PlayerClose SEOUL, Feb. 25 (Xinhua) — South Korea’s household debt growth hit the highest in two years for the fourth quarter of last year amid the record-low borrowing cost, central bank data showed Tuesday. Household credit, which includes debts owed by households to financial institutions as well as purchase on credit, reached 1,600.1 trillion won (1.3 trillion U.S. dollars) as of the end of December, up 27.6 trillion won (22.8 billion U.S. dollars), or 1.8 percent, from three months earlier, according to the Bank of Korea (BOK). It was the fastest increase since the fourth quarter of 2017. The household credit rose 0.2 percent in the first quarter, 1.1 percent in the second quarter and 1.0 percent in the third quarter respectively. The faster expansion in the fourth quarter came after the BOK lowered its benchmark interest rate to a record low of 1.25 percent in October last year. The policy rate was cut from 1.75 percent to 1.50 percent last July. During the October-December quarter, mortgage loan increased 12.6 trillion won (10.4 billion U.S. dollars), after growing 9.5 trillion won (7.8 billion U.S. dollars) in the previous quarter. Credit loan expanded 10.4 trillion won (8.6 billion U.S. dollars)… Read full this story
- Government debt set to hit historic high of 91% of GDP in FY21, according to report
- S. Korea's child birth hits record low in H1
- Sustainable bond issuance hits record high in Q2 as social bonds surge: Moody's
- Tata Motors Group eyes near ‘Zero debt’ in three years, N Chandrasekaran to shareholders.
- Food bank parcel numbers in Scotland hit record high
- UPS shares hit new high as pandemic drives healthcare, e-commerce shipments
- US stocks hit new high after coronavirus crash
- Bank of Korea to keep interest rates steady despite worsening coronavirus fallout: Reuters poll
- IMF Chief Christine Lagarde splits with EU ministers over Greek debt crisis as country secures £3bn in short-term funding
- More opportunities for Vietnamese to work seasonally in South Korea
S.Korea's household debt growth hits 2-year high in Q4 have 305 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at February 25, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.