A dragon fruit processing chain at the Lavifood factory in Long An province (Photo: VNA) HCM City (VNS/VNA) – The fruit and vegetable farming segment needs to restructure production, enhance linkages among stakeholders in the value chain and invest in modern processing plants, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Nguyen Xuan Cuong has said. Speaking at a meeting with farmers and businesses in the Mekong Delta province of Long An on February 11 to discuss measures to resolve difficulties caused by the novel coronavirus epidemic, Cuong said the country has 60,000ha under dragon fruit , which yield three million tonnes a year and fetching nearly 2 billion USD from exports. In the Long An province's Chau Thanh district alone, all agricultural lands are now under the fruit. But he also pointed to limitations like mainly exporting fresh fruits and relying too much on the Chinese market. So the dragon fruit segment in particular and the agricultural sector in general needs to restructure, especially in the context of the epidemic, he said. "This is a good opportunity for major dragon fruit cultivation areas such as Binh Thuan, Long An and Tien Giang to review the entire production process to restructure it and persuade businesses to participate in… Read full this story
- The global agriculture inoculants Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11% during the forecast period 2018-2023
- Fruit and Vegetable Seeds Market is expected to reach $ 8970.308 million in 2023 with a CAGR of 6.9%
- Tarsan i Jane’s revamped tasting menu is a thrilling culinary ride
- Russian ban on Turkish tomatoes bears domestic fruit
- Civic Agriculture = Sane Housing
- South Africa says may need seek outside help to get economy going
- Food fight divides growers in Florida and West Coast
- Honeybees Are Hurting. What Else Can Pollinate Our Food?
- Plan Bee: The Rise of Alternative Pollinators
- ‘Crops go unharvested and animals go uncared for.’ Concerns about Washington farmworker shortage grow.
Fruit, vegetable segment needs revamp: agriculture minister have 313 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 13, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.