Coronation Street’s 10,000th episode ended in a shock climax as Ken Barlow revealed he’s leaving the cobbles after 60 years – but will remain on the show. The end of the emotional and hilarious episode on Friday culminated in the long-term resident (played by William Roache, 87) bid farewelll to his home as he made up his mind to move to a retirement complex with girlfriend Claudia Colby. As he walked his beloved dog Eccles at the end of the night, he fondly said the words: ’80 years too late but finally it’s time to go. Goodbye old friend.’ Leaving: Coronation Street’s 10,000th episode ended in a shock climax as Ken Barlow announced he’s leaving the cobbles after 60 years The special hour-long episode aired on Friday 7th February and saw many of the show favourites join Rita Tanner (Barbara Knox) on a trip to Blackpool to scatter the ashes of her late husband Dennis Tanner. And while on the road in a fun-filled party bus driven by Early Doors actor John Henshaw, several of the residents took a trip down memory lane as they reflected on the past. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next ‘If they had offered me a 60 year contract… Read full this story
- Bill Roache exit: Is Ken Barlow leaving Coronation Street?
- Coronation Street stars Kate Ford and Jack P. Shepherd head for lunch
- Coronation Street: Michelle Connor 'set for tough time before exit
- Coronation Street set to bring back iconic character! Find out who
- Coronation Street star Kym Marsh joins the cast of Elf: The Musical
- Coronation Street shock as three characters to leave Weatherfield
- Corrie SPOILER: Carla Connor teams up with ex-flame Peter Barlow
- Prince William, Kate are 'thrilled' to welcome nephew as social media congratulates Pippa
- Stephen Baldwin's mistress tells of their two-year affair
- Charlie Sheen says he feels 'better than ever' one year sober
Coronation Street's Ken Barlow QUITS the cobbles after 60 YEARS during 10,000th episode... but fans are left baffled as actor William Roache confirms he is STAYING on the show have 302 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 7, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.