The British woman who was convicted of lying about being gang raped by 12 Israeli men in Cyprus has PTSD, sleeps 20 hours a day and suffers hallucinations when she hears foreign male voices, her mother revealed today. The 19-year-old’s bereft parent, from Derbyshire, also revealed that it could take up to eight years to clear her daughter’s name because of long delays at the island’s supreme court before heading to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg. She says her child is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, a sleeping condition called ‘hypersomnia’, and has paralysing hallucinations when she hears ‘loud’ foreign male voices because it reminds her of the dozen men she claims raped her in July. Her mother, who has not been named to protect her daughter’s identity, told the BBC: ‘She needs to get back to the UK to get that treated – that’s my absolute primary focus. She can’t be treated here because hearing foreign men speaking loudly will trigger an episode. ‘She sleeps sometimes 18 to 20 hours a day. She’s also quite withdrawn which is very sad for me to see. And she also experiences hallucinations. It needs resolving otherwise she’s going to… Read full this story
- India loses luster for foreign tourists
- Teen ‘rape victim’ who was ‘dumped in her front yard to freeze to death’ by high school footballers speaks out about horrific ordeal
- 'I'm the daughter of a serial killer'
- Mum left ‘seconds from death’ after attack by gun cop hubby speaks out after he dodges jail
- After gang war, Monrovia’s wounds slow to heal
- Pablo Escobar’s hometown Medellin branded ‘world’s biggest brothel’ fuelled by gangs selling virgins as young as NINE
- Neighboring schools, worlds apart
- From Dennis Nilson’s murder flat to the West’s house of horrors… we take a look at some of the UK’s worst killer’s homes
- US priest accused of abusing boys for decades in Philippines
- Teen Sex Case Puts Turkey's Judicial System in Spotlight
Mother of British teenager who was convicted of lying about Cyprus 'gang-rape' says her traumatised daughter suffers hallucinations triggered by 'foreign men speaking loudly' as she calls for tourists to boycott the island have 329 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 1, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.