By Adam Barnhardt – January 27, 2020 12:30 am EST Share 0 Comments 0 The streaming wars continue to rage on and before long, one of the players in the world of SVOD could become a major contender amongst Hollywood studios. A new report from CNBC suggests the likes of Apple and Netflix have both been in preliminary talks to purchase Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, one of Hollywood’s most storied studios. After successfully emerging from bankruptcy in 2010, MGM owners Anchorage Capital, Highland Capital, and Solus Alternative Asset Management have started shopping the once-giant around to potential suitors. A sliver of what the studio once was, CNBC says the Beverly Hills-based studio is still valued around $10 billion.In the world of franchise and universe building, MGM doesn’t hold a candle to the likes of WarnerMedia, Disney, and Sony. Once considered a major studio, industry experts relegated it to a mini-major in the mid-1980s and it has hovered in a similar status since then. As it stands now, the studio still controls the Rocky, RoboCop, and Species franchises while co-owning the copyrights to existing James Bond films with EON Productions. It’s also expected an acquisition would also include all MGM subsidiaries, including MGM Home… Read full this story
- Odeon cinema chain bans new James Bond movie in row sparked by Trolls World Tour
- The James Bond Movie Was Unusually Vulnerable to the Coronavirus
- James Bond 25: Will 007 get married?
- New No Time To Die trailer shows off Ana de Armas' sexy new James Bond heroine
- 'She's ballsy!' James Bond actor George Lazenby believes Margot Robbie should take over the role of 007 following Daniel Craig's departure
- James Bond actor Burt Caesar’s young son tragically died after balcony fall
- James Bond girl Molly Peters dies aged 75
- James Bond stamps mark new film No Time To Die with every 007 and best cars
- Daniel Craig told to 'SHUT UP and stop bashing James Bond and SPECTRE' by Sony bosses
- Avengers: Infinity War star reveals he wants to be the next James Bond at London Comic Con 2017
Apple and Netflix Have Reportedly Held Talks to Buy James Bond Co-Owner MGM have 341 words, post on comicbook.com at January 27, 2020. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.