Oh sure the dream of the dying wild west is grand and all, but Red Dead Online now offers players a grander dream: being Veronica Lodge off Riverdale. Rockstar today launched the Moonshiners Update, letting players start their own hooch business and build up to running a speakeasy. Get a pal to pretend to be Archie, running around beating up criminals. Another mate’s cutting about as Veronica, quietly offing people with her serial killer genes. Just don’t let yourself be someone else’s Reggie. Oh! Right, moonshining. Yes.
Start out small with a moonshine shack (five are around the place), run missions to get staff and equipment, get the business running, then put down rivals, spread your business, develop new recipes, and rake in that money. The moonshine shack also has room to put in a bar, band, and dancefloor, if you have the scratch. As a terrible business owner in GTA Online, I always tended to enjoy the setup stages then be satisfied having a nice place to hang out, not mercilessly pursuing profits. My GTA nightclub is dead. This is why I’ll never be Veronica.
Read today’s announcement for more on how all this bootlegging works.
Rockstar are now selling a new Outlass Pass too, the battle pass doodad with 100 levels of cosmetic doodads and perks to unlock.
Now that unofficial multiplayer mod tools are out for Red Dead Redemption 2, I dearly hope someone sorts out a Riverdale roleplaying server. Even if everyone will end up fighting over who gets to be 1899 Jughead. God, Riverdale is so good.
Disclosure: I live in Edinburgh and therefore cannot help but have pals who work at Rockstar. It’s said that at any moment, you are no more than twenty feet from a Rockstar employee.
If you click our links to online stores and make a purchase we may receive a few pennies. Find more information here.
More of this sort of thing
Cheating’s as common as mud in these here parts
Cool cowboys don’t look at explosions
- Red Dead Online guide - how to play Red Dead Online on PC right now
- Red Dead Online modes - all Showdown & PvP modes in RDR2 explained
- Red Dead Online Fear of the Dark guide - How to win as both Hunters and Night Stalkers
- Red Dead Online Gold guide - How to quickly earn Gold Bars to buy Permits, Cosmetics, and the Outlaw Pass
- Red Dead Online Make It Count guide - How to win RDR2's Battle Royale mode
- Red Dead Online Up In Smoke guide - tips and tricks on destroying your opponent's camp
- Rockstar is offering cash rewards for finding Red Dead Online security flaws
- You don't need an RTX 2060 to get 60fps in Red Dead Redemption 2 at 1080p
- Red Dead 2's PC requirements are gonna put a bullet in your SSD
- Red Dead 2 on PC has even lovelier horses for strapping alligators to