Star Wars: The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson has opened up about some of the bad faith backlash against his film, while also praising the Star Wars fan community at large and encouraging debate among them.Johnson’s comments were made during WIRED live Q&A event to promote his upcoming movie, Knives Out. Parts of the Q&A were recorded by one fan and uploaded to Twitter, who caught an interesting moment during the event. One audience member asked Johnson about the negative reaction to The Last Jedi from certain viewers, and his thoughts on people who complain about the film’s cast diversity. Johnson did not mince words in his reply, which was met with immediate applause: “if someone’s responding to diversity negatively, f*** ’em.”“if someone is responding to diversity negatively, fuck them” – @rianjohnson on tlj backlash pic.twitter.com/RB7cVpefYG — Molly (@mpychu) November 10, 2019As the applause died down, Johnson immediately clarified that not everyone who dislikes his film is a bigot: “if anyone didn’t like the movie, I’m not saying that’s why they didn’t like it.” Talking about the backlash, Johnson admits that he expected that the film would not appeal to everyone. “It wasn’t surprising at all to me. I grew… Read full this story
- Head of Major Russian Bank Greets Investors in Star Wars Jedi Costume
- Star Wars icon Mark Hamill feels sorry for arrested man Luke Sky Walker
- Star Wars and Girls actor Adam Driver ‘secretly welcomed a son TWO years ago’
- Gloria Katz dead at 76 – Screenwriter who made Star Wars’ Princess Leia a feminist icon dies of cancer on 49th wedding anniversary
- The Wizard of Oz is ‘the most influential film of all time’ — ahead of Star Wars and Psycho, scientists say
- How old Andy Serkis and what’s his net worth? Gollum actor in Lord of the Rings who played Snoke in Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- How old is Diego Luna, how tall is in the Narcos actor and who did he play in Star Wars Rogue One?
- New Millenium Falcon ride at Star Wars land at Disney World – take a look inside
- Sneak peak at new Star Wars-themed land Galaxy’s Edge coming to Disney parks
- Star Wars: Rian Johnson reveals DOUBTS about whether his own trilogy will happen
Rian Johnson Is Fine With You Not Liking Star Wars: The Last Jedi, But Not With Complaints About Diversity have 394 words, post on www.gamespot.com at November 11, 2019. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.