The latest Red Dead Online patch notes are here, and it’s time to get into the bootlegging business. You’ll need to take your Trader skill so the next level by establishing a business outside of camp, sourcing your own ingredients, producing the white lightning, and figuring out a shipment schedule that will maximize your profits.
You can’t jump into the Moonshiners Frontier Pursuit without having proved your merit as a Trader – you’ll need to be a Rank 5 or have completed one Trader Sell Mission to start doling out the booze. Once you achieve either of those two things, you’ll be introduced to renowned bootlegger Maggie Fike, who will give you a leg up on the business. As GamesRadar+ previously reported, you’ll need to purchase a Moonshining Shack and start distilling the goods in the basement (you can even add a cool bar).
The Moonshiner Frontier Pursuit will offer up a new series of Story Missions that include eliminating rivals, learning new recipes, and establishing a loyal clientele, all of which will earn you benefits to boost your sales. Like any Specialist Role, this one has its own unique progression with unique apparel, accessories, weapons, and equipment upgrades.
The latest Red Dead Online patch notes brings the return of the Outlaw Pass, with 100 ranks of new rewards that include brand new accessories, Role XP boosts, and Gold gifts. You’ll need to purchase this upgraded (which includes a Camp Dog!), so find out more about it here.
There’s also a new feature in Red Dead Online called Offers and Rewards, which you can find in the Benefits Page in the Pause Menu. This page will show you your collection of gifts, discounts, and promotions that you can apply to certain goods. Basically, you’ll want to check it out weekly so you can keep track of the latest Red Dead Online promotions.
The are a handful of other improvements that dropped with today’s update, including:
- The ability to quick-swap weapons in the heat of battle – simply assign a “Quick Select” firearm within the Weapon Wheel, then tap L1/LB/Tab during gameplay to quickly switch between this and your currently-equipped weapon (you can still holster your weapon with a double tap of L1/LB/Tab or by selecting Unarmed in the Weapon Wheel)
- Ability Card rebalancing on certain cards, and limits on Tonic use to ensure a level playing field for all players
- Accessibility improvements for fishing, allowing players to reel in a catch by holding a button rather than circling the analogue stick
- Increased stability for Horses, making your steed slightly less likely to fall down after a collision and quicker to get back up after a fall or revival
- You can now spawn directly at your Camp
This week’s range of discounts include 5 Gold Bars off the Butcher’s Table, Rewards for Moonshiners and a free Resupply for Traders, and a bonus RDO$200 for each Role you start. And as always, the Twitch Prime Benefits are lucrative, including a free Polished Cooper Still Upgrade for your Moonshine business and a free Collector’s bag.
If you’re still trying to collect those Legendary Bounties, check out our list of all the Red Dead Online Legendary Bounties.
You can read the full patch notes on Rockstar’s blog here.
And if you’re in the mood for a Role change, check out our guide to Red Dead Online Roles.
- Former South Korean president dead, leaves suicide note
- Dead Sea, Red Sea plan raises environmental hackles
- Tech firms rush out patches for 'pervasive' computer flaw
- U.S. Cellular adds Samsung 4G Galaxy Note 10.1 to its lineup
- Online tax payments still showing error
- Samsung Galaxy Note II: hands-on with the new S Pen-toting phablet
- Vietnam Air offers online check-in
- Samsung Galaxy Note II review
- Drinking game leaves 1 dead, 1 hospitalized in southern Vietnam
- Three dead in east Ukraine, Putin warns of 'abyss'