Martin Scorsese has had a lot to say about Marvel movies recently. In short, he hasn’t seen them and he doesn’t like them. He thinks they are “not cinema” and that they pose a threat to the movie-going experience by not leaving much room for movies that aren’t sequels.Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Marvel chief creative officer Kevin Feige said Scorsese is free to share his opinions on films, but nothing Scorsese says will stop Marvel from making superhero movies.”Everybody has a different definition of cinema. Everybody has a different definition of art. Everybody has a different definition of risk, I guess” says Feige. “All I know is, I’m surrounded by people 24 hours a day who live and breathe and love cinema. Some people don’t think it’s cinema. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Everyone is entitled to repeat that opinion.”Everyone is entitled to write op-eds about that opinion, and I look forward to what will happen next. But in the meantime, we’re going to keep making movies,” he added.One of Scorsese’s criticisms of Marvel movies is that they do not contain any serious “revelation, mystery, or genuine emotional danger,” adding that “nothing is at risk” for Marvel movies.Feige… Read full this story
- Leonardo DiCaprio reveals what Martin Scorsese taught him as an actor: 'I truly own the term artist by working alongside him'
- Cannes at Large: After a Tribute to Pierre Rissient, Martin Scorsese and Cate Clanchett ‘cut the tape’
- Martin Scorsese and Cate Blanchett kick off Cannes Film Festival
- The 50 Biggest Superhero Movies of All Time at the U.S. Box Office
- The worst superhero movie ever made? How Ryan Reynolds's Green Lantern became a cosmic joke
- Pakistani-American Muslim superhero movie coming: Marvel
- Director Martin Scorsese's nephew pleads to weapon-related charge
- Avengers: Marvel continues to push the boundaries of superhero cinema
- Martin Scorsese returns to Cannes, recalls 'Mean Streets'
- Martin Scorsese, Cate Blanchett open Cannes festival
Marvel Boss Responds To Martin Scorsese's Negative Comments About Superhero Movies have 335 words, post on www.gamespot.com at November 11, 2019. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.