By Nicole Drum – November 19, 2019 01:04 am EST Share 0 Comments 0 The CW’s Batwoman has, from its very first episode, not shied away from Kate Kane’s identity as a lesbian. Audiences learn that, much like the character’s comic book origin, Kate was kicked out of the military academy after her sexuality is discovered. From the pilot, it’s been clear that not only is Kate Kane gay, but she’s comfortable with who she is. However, now that she’s taken on the mantle of Batwoman the character is going to start having to deal with questions of identity, both in terms of who Batwoman is and why she’s taking it all on. According to series showrunner Caroline Dries, while Kate may be out and proud, people may assume Batwoman is straight, something that will create a bit of conflict for Kate as she attempts to find something of a work/life balance. “I want to keep the fact that [Kate’s] a lesbian part of the fabric of the show,” Dries told CBR. “So she’s going to continue to try to have a personal life outside of her superhero-ness or within being a superhero. She’s a person who falls in love,… Read full this story
- 'I started to ask questions about who I was': Jules Sebastian reveals she struggled with her identity after becoming a mother... and shares how she overcame 'mum guilt'
- Batwoman trailer reveals a new Caped Crusader in Gotham
- CW Unmasks Batwoman's Powerful Trailer and First Details
- Ruby Rose Will Be the CW's Batwoman
- 'What a step for LBGTQ!' Fans applaud Batwoman after the show's star Ruby Rose was shown engaging in a lesbian sex scene with co-star Brianne Howey
- Holy Shit, Batwoman and Gotham City Are Coming to the Arrowverse Crossover
- This Poster for the DC/CW Elseworlds Crossover Is Breaking My Brain
- Royal split: How Kate is set to 'do her best' to revive bond with Meghan Markle and Harry
- Ex-Coronation Street boss Kate Oates 'in talks' to join EastEnders
- Kate Middleton 'is doing her best' to 'patch things up in private' with Meghan Markle after the Duchess admitted her struggles in ITV documentary, royal expert claims
Batwoman Showrunner Breaks Down Kate's Continued Struggle With Identity have 370 words, post on comicbook.com at November 19, 2019. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.