You’re addicted to The Mandalorian, and you’re looking forward to all those Marvel shows on the way. But your Disney+ subscription doesn’t only contain must-see TV and nostalgia-burnished Oscar winners! The studio dug deep to fill up its new streaming service, and it shook loose some wonderful weirdness. While “cult movie” must be loosely applied here—this is Disney, after all—these 10 peculiar (yet still mostly wholesome) picks all fit the bill. Some of them are already beloved, if offbeat, classics; others are just so bizarre we had to hoist them into the spotlight. Advertisement 1. The Black Hole (1979) Disney made it all the way to 1979 before making a movie rated PG—and it was this thriller about an exploratory spaceship whose crew passes by a massive black hole on their way back to Earth and then notices a strange spacecraft lingering nearby. Turns out it’s the science vessel USS Cygnus, long believed lost, and the only person aboard is the ominous Dr. Reinhardt (Maximilian Schell, sporting a castaway-style bushy beard), along with an army of faceless helper droids he’s apparently constructed during his decades of solitude. In the wake of Star Wars and even 2001: A Space Odyssey—which both… Read full this story
- The 10 Strangest Musician Brand Collaborations of 2019
- Top 10 most influential gaming moments of the last decade
- 10 Nightmarish Netflix Movies Full of Jump Scares
- Get The Look: How to Create Chic Hairstyles Like Kim Kardashian, Ariana Grande & More For New Year's Eve
- The best TV shows of 2019
- Andrew Rannells Says Goodbye to ‘Girls,’ Hello to Becoming a ‘Grown-Ass Man’
- Best Black Friday Deals 2019: Final Update
- How Jennifer Garner Went Full "Minivan Majority"
- Antonio Brown's utterly ridiculous helmet drama blows up NFL Twitter
- Catch 'The Room' In Plymouth Meeting Theaters Next Month
10 Cult Favorite (or have 293 words, post on io9.gizmodo.com at November 20, 2019. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.