MINNEAPOLIS — U.S. President Donald Trump was defiant in the face of an impeachment probe Thursday as he sought to convert the threat to his presidency into a weapon on the campaign trail, with biting and unsupported attacks on potential Democratic challenger Joe Biden. Confronting an investigation provoked by his unprecedented calls for Ukraine and then China to assist in digging up dirt on his political rivals, Trump continued to lay into Biden and his son Hunter, whom he and his allies have accused, without evidence, of illegally profiting off his father’s office. “The Bidens got rich, and that is substantiated, while America got robbed,” Trump said. While the young Biden did have business interest overseas while he father was in office, there is no evidence of misconduct. Trump’s adult children have faced congressional scrutiny for their foreign business dealings while their father is serving as president, and Trump still maintains ownership stakes in his family’s businesses. The rally in Minneapolis, the first since Democrats began proceedings two weeks ago to remove him from office, served as a proving ground for the president as he tries to use the impeachment inquiry to energize supporters for his 2020 campaign by casting… Read full this story
- Donald Trump attacks Robert Mueller as Russia probe developments loom
- Republicans battle to defend Trump from threat of impeachment
- Ivanka Trump’s lawyer slams ‘misinformation being peddled’ after report that she used private email for government business
- Trump rages about FBI’s reported probe into Comey firing
- Lots Of Us Think Trump Is A Motherf**ker Who Should Be Impeached. Rashida Tlaib Just Said It Out Loud.
- Paul Ryan Played Dumb On Donald Trump All The Way To The End
- Trump Wanted DOJ To Prosecute James Comey And Hillary Clinton: Report
- Donald Trump 'dynamited the institution of the presidency' in 2018
- Will Trump Resign If He’s Impeached or Indicted? Amid Mueller Probe, Some See Echoes of Nixon
- Trump's lawyer says Trump won't answer Mueller's obstruction-of-justice questions
Trump attacks Biden, slams impeachment probe at Minn. rally have 325 words, post on www.ctvnews.ca at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.