A disturbance in the southwestern Gulf of Mexico now has a 90 percent chance of development, and is expected to strengthen into Tropical or Subtropical Storm Nestor on Thursday. According to the 5 p.m. advisory from the National Hurricane Center, a tropical storm warning is in effect from the Mississippi/Alabama border to the Ochlockonee River in the Florida Panhandle. The system is about 570 miles SW of the mouth of the Mississippi River and moving toward the north at 9 mph with maximum sustained winds near 40 mph. The Tampa Bay area could see some rain, gusty winds and high surf Friday into Saturday, according to meteorologist Greg Dee. A tropical storm warning is in effect for: Mississippi/Alabama border to the Aucilla River, Florida Grand Isle, Louisiana to the Mouth of the Pearl River A tropical storm watch is in effect for: East of the Ochlockonee River to Yankeetown, Florida A storm surge warning is in effect for: Indian Pass to Clearwater, Florida A Tropical Storm Warning means that tropical storm conditions are expected somewhere within the warning area within 36 hours. A Tropical Storm Watch means that tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, generally within 48… Read full this story
- Storm Hannah: Four warnings issued with potential to reach Status Red level as 'severe' winds to hit Ireland
- What is a storm surge and why is it so dangerous?
- Met Office forecasts 20cm of snow with warning issued for Dundee, Perthshire, Angus and Fife
- Weather warning issued for Harrogate District as Storm Gareth set to blow in 65mph winds
- Storm Freya ‘danger to life’ winds set to batter Leeds as weather warning issued
- Storm Gareth warning as 65mph gales head for Devon and Cornwall
- A million people evacuated as Cyclone Fani lashes India
- Climate change making storms like Idai more severe, say experts
- More than a million evacuated as Cyclone Fani lashes India
- Rescuers struggle to reach Mozambique cyclone victims
Storm Surge Warning issued for part of the Tampa Bay Area due to potential tropical cyclone have 312 words, post on www.abcactionnews.com at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.