If you’re shopping for a 4K TV at the higher end of the market, you’ve likely stumbled upon two similar-sounding terms: QLED and OLED. In simpler terms, these are TV technologies that use different techniques to produce the best visual fidelity you can find in a consumer set. If you remember the war between LCD and Plasma, that’s somewhat similar to the current relationship between QLED and OLED, the key difference being that these two technological titans may soon overlap. Though they share three of the same letters, make no mistake: QLED and OLED are very different technologies, each with its own strengths and weaknesses, and both driving some of the best TVs on the market. We’ll quickly cover what each term means, and then compare the technologies to help you figure out which might be best for your particular needs. What is QLED? QLED stands for Quantum Light-Emitting Diode. In non-geek-speak, that means a QLED TV is just like a regular LED TV, except it uses “quantum dots” embedded into its LCD panel — tiny nanoparticles that dramatically improve the color and brightness when compared to its non-quantum LED counterparts. The technology was initially brought into consumer TVs by… Read full this story
- The best Walmart TV deals for August 2020: 4K TVs, QLED TVs, and OLED TVs
- GGG vs Canelo undercard: What time is the Nicola Adams fight, what TV channel is it on and what are the odds?
- Garbine Muguruza vs Sofia Kenin, Australian Open women's singles final: What time does it start, what TV channel is it on and what is our prediction?
- What Else Is Left to Say About Elvis?
- This 75-inch Hisense 4K TV is on sale for only $750 at Best Buy
- 'I am anti-racist and anti-violence': Ant Middleton issues an apology for labelling Black Lives Matter movement 'absolute scum' in now-deleted tweet
- Gabrielle Union flaunts her toned figure at the pool with Quavo and Saweetie... after slamming Terry Crews for Black Live Matter criticism
- Gabrielle Union slams Terry Crews once again over his critique of Black Lives Matter and lack of support in her battle against America's Got Talent
- These are the best cheap 4K TV deals for August 2020
- The best 65-inch TV for 2020: Samsung, TCL, LG and more
QLED vs. OLED TV: What’s the difference, and why does it matter? have 373 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at October 29, 2019. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.