The death toll from the West Nile virus since June this year has risen to 20, according to this week’s report by the National Health Organization (EODY). Up until September 12, authorities had diagnosed a total of 176 cases of the mosquito-borne virus. Of these, 109 developed illnesses affecting the central nervous system such as encephalitis or meningitis. EODY is urging the public to spray insect repellent on bare skin and clothing, to install mosquito nets and screens, to remove stagnant water from basins, vases and gutters, to regularly mow lawns and to water plants in the morning.
- First West Nile death was in Jackson County, not St. Louis
- Michael's death toll rises to 13, including 5 in Virginia
- Florence death toll rises to 15
- Death toll rises to 8 as Florence pours on the rain over Carolinas
- Death toll rises to 11 as Florence pours on the rain over Carolinas
- Death toll rises to 11 as Florence pours on the rain amid fears of catastrophic floods (photos)
- The Latest: Hurricane Michael's death toll rises to 6
- Hurricane Florence death toll rises to 42 as South Carolina expects more record flooding
- Official: Hurricane Michael's death toll rises to 13; searchers find body in Mexico Beach aftermath
- The Latest: Death toll rises to 22 as Taiwan train derails
West Nile death toll rises to 20 have 198 words, post on www.ekathimerini.com at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.