Twitch has finally revealed the official app for Apple TV.
For years, Apple TV owners everywhere have been asking for an official Twitch app. So much so that unofficial apps have been competing for that spot for a while.
The announcement was made last week, though went under the radar for many. The app is Twitch’s first on tvOS, but it shouldn’t be too different in function from the currently available iOS app, save for a few adjustments to fit the bigger screen.
The app is so close, in fact, Twitch is currently making it possible for those interested to test it for themselves. Twitch set up a dedicated help page with instructions on how you can get involved. It’s a simple enough process, though you’ll need to install TestFlight first before you can download the beta.
That’s about it as far as details, and Twitch sadly has yet to reveal an official release date. Considering this is a public beta, however, the final release is likely around the corner.
Let’s just hope it’s snappier than its console counterparts.
- Steam Link Finally Launches on iOS, Apple TV
- Apple Arcade plays on big screens with Apple TV, but it's no Nintendo Switch
- Disney Plus vs Apple TV: ¿ya sabes cuál de los dos elegir?
- Apple TV+ cancels premiere of 'The Banker', cites 'unspecified concerns' surrounding film
- 'See' Release Date, Cast, Trailer, Plot: Everything You Need to Know About the Apple TV+ Show
- Jennifer Aniston, 50, looks radiant as she gets to work on the set of her new Apple TV series The Morning Show
- Alfonso Cuarón is taking his Oscars to Apple TV+
- Apple TV+ Asks M. Night Shyamalan’s
- Apple TV Plus reviews round-up: star-studded shows rated by critics
- Amazon Prime Video finally lands on Apple TV