The requiems offered for the Cleveland Indians in June, when they trailed the Twins by 11½ games early in the month and remained 11 behind in the American League Central on June 15, were premature. That might have been the case again over the past two weeks, as the Indians lost the surging Jose Ramirez to a broken hamate bone on Aug. 24, and then drifted back to 6½ games behind the Twins. The Indians still have a chance as they arrive in Target Field on Friday. Cleveland has rookie revelation Aaron Civale and the outstanding Mike Clevinger lined up to start Saturday and Sunday, and then come the challenges for the Twins next week: They will be facing the Washington Nationals, with their hot-hitting lineup and excellent starting pitching, for three games, and then the Twins end the season series with three games at Cleveland. Hold on, folks. It’s not over yet. It can be confirmed that such doubt did not exist Tuesday in Boston, when noticeable groups of Twins fans were leaving Fenway Park after a dramatic 6-5 victory over the Red Sox — a 6-0 lead almost gone, the tying run at second, and Taylor Rogers striking… Read full this story
- Eagles need help from Vikings to win Wild Card spot
- 31 Showtime original TV shows ranked from worst to best -- from 'Homeland' to 'Billions' to 'Twin Peaks'
- Vikings transition to all-digital tickets without a glitch Saturday
- What they're saying: It's open season on Doug Pederson as Eagles' Super Bowl odds plummet
- Former Vikings practice space will turn into Life Time soccer facility
- 10 reasons the Vikings will be a dumpster fire this season
- The Olsen twins’ net worth passes $300 million
- Vikings take Oklahoma G Dru Samia in fourth round, USC LB Cameron Smith in fifth
- Meek Mill appears in Eagles hype video ahead of Vikings game
- Kyle Rudolph catches one ‘in the paint’ to propel Vikings past Lions
For seasons of improbable success, Twins compare to 2009 Vikings have 321 words, post on www.startribune.com at September 4, 2019. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.