The U.S. Air Force has ordered a world-wide review of how it chooses overnight accommodations on long flights following revelations that air crews had occasionally stayed at President Donald Trump’s Scotland resort while refueling at a small commercial airport nearby. The review comes as news outlets including POLITICO uncover additional instances of military personnel staying at Trump properties. And the C-17 crew’s overnight stay at Trump’s Turnberry resort in Scotland earlier this year, first reported by Politico on Friday, was was not an isolated incident.Story Continued Below In September 2018, on its way back to the U.S. from Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar, a unit of the Maine Air National Guard landed at Prestwick Airport, the airport closest to Trump’s luxury waterfront resort. The crew and their passengers then spent the night at his hotel, according to one person who was present, an Instagram post and a voucher detailing the crew’s itinerary reviewed by POLITICO. The Air Force did not immediately respond to questions about that September stay, but Air Force Brig. Gen. Ed Thomas, the chief spokesman, told POLITICO in a statement that “initial reviews indicate that aircrew transiting through Scotland adhered to all guidance and procedures.” He… Read full this story
- U.S. Air Force performs huge show of strength with 52 fully-armed F-35A Lightning II stealth fighters - the same number of Iranian targets Trump has announced - taking off in a single wave from Utah base
- Pakistan Air Force jet crashes; 2 pilots killed
- US Air Force sends message to Iran as 52 stealth fighter jets worth $4.2 billion take part in huge ‘combat power’ drills
- US Air Force sends chilling message to Iran with huge display of jet fighter force
- Macron Says He Convinced Trump to Stay in Syria for the Long Run
- Quds Force Leader Qasem Soleimani’s Death Marks Huge Blow to Iranian Regime
- Air Force football tops Washington State at Cheez-It Bowl
- Turkish Air Force Ex-General Calls for Removal of All US Nukes From Country ASAP
- Elephant Walk at Utah Air Force Base showcases 52 F-35s launching in a row
- SPECIAL REPORT-Iran’s leader ordered crackdown on unrest: "Do whatever it takes to end it"
Air Force leaders order probe of Trump resort stays have 359 words, post on www.politico.com at September 7, 2019. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.