We didn’t have Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing in my school. Instead we had some cheap knock-off version—as well as an actual middle-aged woman whose job was to shout “ASDF!” and “FRF JUJ!” at us for 40 minutes at a time until we learned.Even so, I get the joke of things like David Lynch Teaches Typing. Transforming the weirdo film-maker into a friendly pixel mascot who sits you down at a Maclaclantosh 9000 to learn the home row, that’s a funny gag. So is Cooldog Teaches Typing, which makes a hyper-cephalic dog your tutor, only his paws prevent him from actually being good at typing so the tests are full of mistakes. I guess for a dog he’s still pretty good at it? Icarus Proudbottom Teaches Typing, on the other hand, stretches the joke out way too long. It’s a fine balance when you’re making a niche educational parody.Zander Milroy, one of the developers who created Cooldog Teaches Typing, explains that part of the reason their game is so short is that it was made in two days for a game jam. It was not intended to be some kind of deep attempt to subvert the typing game genre. “‘Subvert’ makes… Read full this story
- Chiefs vs. Titans: Odds, point spread, game pick, TV channel, preview and more for AFC Championship Game
- What game would make a great Netflix series?
- Chiefs vs. Titans: TV channel, streaming, odds, point spread, game pick, preview for AFC Championship Game
- Chiefs vs. Titans live stream, watch online, kickoff time, prediction, pick for AFC Championship Game 2020
- Burnout series retrospective: Exploring the history of one of gaming's greatest arcade racers
- The Cake Is a Lie: Sexism Isn’t a Boss Gamer Girls Can Beat
- How a champion boxer got caught in Britain’s immigration dragnet
- Lana Del Rey: Lurching Toward Vegas
- Bucks offseason review: Milwaukee gets creative after second-round steal gets expensive
- The question of Columbus Day: Was it worth it?
Typing games sure did get strange have 335 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at August 22, 2019. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.