“How far would you go to find your brother?” is the simple question driving Life is Strange 2 Episode 4, the penultimate episode of Dontnod Entertainment’s story-driven adventure game. Daniel is the lost brother, and Sean is trying to find him. But Sean is in pretty dire straits: he starts the episode in a hospital and under arrest, having lost an eye—and much of his confidence—in the last episode.
Sean has to search for Daniel in the desert, through scorching days and freezing nights, and the player will have plenty of difficult decisions to make. I’m curious to see whether the simple premise can pull players through an entire episode, which is likely to last around three hours, and whether it can set the game up for the conclusion is deserves. The fifth and final episode is out December 3.
- Life lessons from Love Island
- Make Us Laugh, Clown: Ari Eldjárn’s Life Of Laughter
- 'My brother took his own life
- Strange evolution: The weird future of life on Earth
- The Biden family’s strange business history
- My strange experience of teaching MBS
- “Tuca & Bertie” is dark, surreal and brilliant
- Game of Thrones: Westeros began 'as upside-down Ireland'
- BAFTAs TV 2019: Jodie Comer in TEARS as she wins Best Actress
- Ghouls, goals and rock 'n' roll at Cannes