In a shock announcement, Gfinity Esports Australia has confirmed it will cease its operations in the country by the end of November. Best known for its Gfinity Elite Series – which hit Australia across two events in 2018 and 2019 – Gfinity also collaborated with the Hoyts Cinemas chain on the launch of a dedicated esports arena in Sydney.But according to a statement issued, the local esports market “has not developed to the level forecast when the company was launched in 2017″. ”This is a very difficult announcement for all our staff,” Gfinity Esports Australia CEO Dominic Remond said in a statement. “We will continue to meet our obligations to our existing partners, including Supercars with the upcoming Gfinity Supercars Eseries, and deliver outstanding events until we close later this year.”The Supercars Eseries will finish up in late November, marking the final activity for the company’s local wing. Here, There & Everywhere (HT&E) is the parent company of Gfinity Esports Australia, with subsidiaries ranging the Australian Radio Network and Emotive, among many others. According to a report in Mumbrella, the company reported a $5.3m loss at the end of the last financial year.”Esports remains an exciting industry with significant global interest and… Read full this story
- Esports ride crest of a wave as figures rocket during Covid-19 crisis
- Coronavirus: Australia limits funerals to 10 people
- Esports: Types, most popular games, prize money involved; know what is it all about
- Esports: Verstappen to race in virtual Aussie Supercar series
- Esports: Super League Triathlon enlists top athletes to compete in Zwift Classics
- Australia reacts to the inaugural Supercars All Stars Eseries event
- Australia's chief medical officer backtracks on his sensational claim an 'illegal dinner party' held by hospital staff led to a COVID-19 outbreak and forced 1,200 workers into quarantine
- We are witnessing a cultural bloodbath in Australia that has been years in the making
- Lleyton Hewitt shuts down ongoing feud with Bernard Tomic
- The Covid-19 exit strategy: when will Australia know the coronavirus battle is over?
Gfinity Esports Australia is shutting down have 337 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at August 15, 2019. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.